We're sorry that you're having trouble with performance in Coalesce. We have a few recommendations of things you can check:
- Confirm that you are using the Google Chrome browser - Other browsers are not supported and will cause unexpected behavior. See our article on browser requirements for more information.
- Check that your network connection is strong - As a browser-based application, Coalesce will not perform optimally if your connectivity is weak. You can check if other websites are loading as quickly as expected and/or run a speed test.
- Check your security software - Organizations often leverage security software on their company-issued machines to protect their network and equipment; this software has been known to block components of the Coalesce service and in turn lead to unexpected behavior. Work with your security team to ensure Coalesce is not being blocked in part or full.
- Close down unnecessary applications and browser tabs - If your machine's memory is being used at a high level, you may see an impact on Coalesce performance.
- Evaluate your data pipeline build - If the slowness you are experiencing is with the runs of your Coalesce jobs in Snowflake, you should review the logic and configuration of your data pipeline to ensure your design is efficient; for example, GROUP BY, DISTINCT, ORDER BY, etc. incur a performance hit and should only be leveraged when necessary
If you are still experiencing slowness after checking the above, we encourage you to open a request with Coalesce Support.
Still need assistance? Request support.